Reckless Beauty

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A support site for those with eating disorders.

About The Site

RecklessBeauty
    RecklessBeauty
    Admin

About The Site Empty About The Site

Post by RecklessBeauty Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:42 am

reck·less
    –adjective
    1. utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually fol. by of ): to be reckless of danger.

This is not a definition I use to describe people with eating disorders because it is much more complex than that (as we all know); but I chose this word because it is a common perception of people with Eating Disorders. I do not believe we are all reckless and I wanted to make that clear.

Before you jump to conclusions; I want to clarify one thing. We are not pro-ana, we are not pro-ED. Despite the fact there are many definitions of these particular words, we do not promote Eating Disorders. We promote emotional support and understand to those suffering from this mind and life confuming disease. To anyone suffering, you will know how lonely it can be at times. We do not offer advice on how to have an eating disorder.

I have created this site as a place with girls of all Eating Disorder types to find an environment where they can express themselves, their views, their experiences, without being judged. To find people who will understand what they are going through and also; in an attempt to make these girls feel less alone in their war with food.

I am new to this so obviously things might seem a bit bumpy at first but I am hoping to learn. This is a friendly and supportive community. Respect differing opinions and refrain from being disrespectful to others. We are all about loving each other here.

Do not hesitate to leave any questions or suggestions in the Suggestion forum. Thank you.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:53 pm